Saturday, February 11, 2012

God is in heaven & all is right with the world

Things aren't even remotely the way I would have predicted them. I'm now 20 years old and since the short time between now & my birthday I've made some very important discoveries.

Those you trust most in life might not always behave in a loving, forgiving, or even kind way.

Pushing something or someone away because you feel hurt is not the same as surrendering your feelings to the Lord. Especially when your method of pushing someone away is to try to hurt & humiliate them.

Trial & error is more than just a creative process. It's life as a whole. And my job is only to simply strive for excellence, praising the Lord along my way.

Just keeping your hands open to the Lord can mean that you are offering Him something you already have in your hands, or your hands might be empty and what you're really asking the Lord is to fill them with the desires of His heart instead of yours.

Never assume you're about to "catch a break." This world likes to sucker punch us... So I'm going to keep praising Him for shine or rain so that I'm not a sucker & hit so hard the wind gets knocked out of me.

There are some things too big for me to fix. But there is nothing that is too big for the Lord to fix.

Smiling might just be the best option. Even if it's the last thing you feel like doing.

When a person changes it doesn't mean that they've lost the person they were before. It simply means that there is a new layer of who they are on top of who they were.

As my Principles of Management & Organization professor shared with me, "The Lord always brings tea & roses in the midst of suffering."

The saying, "God is in His heaven, and all is right with the world," doesn't mean: God is doing His own thing, and everything in life is perfect. This means: God is in control & come what may, everything's going to be ok.

1 comment:

  1. Dear King's Girl, I do remember to pray for you on a daily basis. God is still on the throne and He is still King. As you finish up your sophomore year, I pray for wisdom beyond your years, and strength to finish the race you have begun. You're half way there. And as we were sharing with our Cadet over Spring break: You're only 20. You don't need to have life figured out yet. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other in obedience and follow Proverbs 3:5-6.

    ReplyDelete